Financial Aid and Scholarships

International Community High School offers support for students interested in going to college or  university. Students should speak to one of the ICHS post-secondary staff members for more detailed information and to start a financial aid profile.

College and university can be expensive, but there are many different ways to pay for college or university:

A Truly International Community

The first step towards receiving the most financial aid for college or university is by filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Student Aid). The FAFSA helps to determine if a student qualifies for different types of financial aid, such as federal tuition grants or scholarships. 

Not everyone is eligible to fill out the FAFSA, so here are a few guidelines to help you:

Here is the link to the FAFSA website:

Scholarships are free money for college or university that you do not have to pay back! Here are some websites that can help find scholarships that you might be eligible for:

The following links are financial aid resources specifically for undocumented students:

DREAM Act.png
The Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act gives undocumented and other students access to New York State‐administered grants and scholarships that support their higher education costs.
Many undocumented students qualify to apply. Click on the link to learn more.
Dreamers roadmap.png
DREAMer's RoadMap:
"Helping undocumented students find scholarship opportunities through a mobile app."
MALDEF offers a Scholarship Resource Guide for high school, college, and graduate students; and a Law School Scholarship Program for law students.
Click HERE for the MALDEF 2020-2021 Scholarship Guide for Undocumented Students.
We believe nothing should stand in your way of a college education—not the cost, your immigrant status, or the lack of financial aid. If you're a Dreamer, we can help you get the education you deserve.